Saturday, November 12, 2011

Thing 18


I have both facebook and twitter accounts. I rarely use Twitter and opened an account mainly to see what it is about. I prefer to use Facebook to stay in contact with friends and family. My account has a "friends only" privacy setting so the whole world is not able to see my family and my activity. I feel that it is important for educators to know how social networking works due to its the popularity with of students. Facebook and Twitter are 21st century modes of communication that seem to be utilizes by everyone. Facebook not only has individual people on this network, but organizations, groups, businesses: schools, Disneyland, The Library of Congress, and Wal-Mart can be found on face book. My only discrepancy with Facebook is that it keeps evolving and sometimes I have to figure out something new, but improvement is a good thing. I think the like/dislike options, Facebook’s subscribe and unsubscribe, are useful. A facebooker can like a “page,” and can “dislike” it if they on long wish to receive updates. I can see a Facebook or Twitter account being useful for a classroom or school use. Social network can be another valuable tool for communication. I found a school’s page were school updates are posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment